Re: definitionOf

1. re meaning of "rdf:type"
The document  http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-rdf-schema-20021112/
was somewhat ambiguous, using terms like "resource", "instance", "member" without defining them.
However, it did say explicitly in the section "rdf:type":
    The resource known as rdfs:Class is itself a resource of rdf:type rdfs:Class.
or in my alternate KR syntax:
    rdfs:Class has rdf:type = rdfs:Class

The document http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-rdf-mt-20021112/
says in Appendix A, "RDF Axioms":
    rdf:type(?x,?y)  iff  ?y(?x)
or in my alternate KR syntax
    $x has rdf:type = $y  iff  $x isa* $y
$x was not restricted to Individuals.
Note: my "isa" is the "union" of "isu" and "iss", i.e., it is valid for $x which is either an individual or a species.

2. expressing "definitionOf" in triples
Deferred.
Remarks:
a. I identified "definitionOf" as a necessary property to describe reality -- the human method of concept-formation.
b. "definitionOf" is a ternary property.
c. Is the purpose of OWL to describe reality, or to see what can be done with binary properties?
Dick McCullough
knowledge := man do identify od existent done
knowledge haspart list of proposition