Re: Contexts (not again!)

From: Seth Russell <seth@robustai.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 07:59:47 -0800
To: "Richard H. McCullough" <rhm@cdepot.net>
CC: RDF-Interest <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
Richard H. McCullough wrote:

> I'm having trouble understanding your notion of "context".
> Paraphrasing your three properties:
>     Resource *has* context = Statement
>     Statement *has* contains = Resource
>     Bag *has* contents = Resource

What does the "=" mean in your KR language?   Can you map your KR
language into triples ?

If we are talking about triples, then a graph is a set of triples.
 "Context" appears to be a natural language idea that emerges when a
group of agents attempt to share a graph (even perhaps when the graph
itself doesn't exist or is distributed in different locations) ... or at
least that's what I I'm thinking it is now.  "Scope" is the domain of
discourse of a variable ....  isn't it ?  Perhaps with a little though
we could agree  how all those ideas are related and tease them apart.

Nobody has ever figured out this animated graph .... I wonder why?
http://robustai.net/mentography/quantification.html

Seth Russell
http://radio.weblogs.com/0113759/