RE: Contexts (not again!)

heh - I just did another search for refs, and the top google for 'rdf
contexts' is a (Oct 2000) doc of Graham's.

 http://public.research.mimesweeper.com/RDF/RDFContexts.html

A quick skim would suggest that this approach is pretty close to what I had
in mind - is there a more recent version?

From Graham's doc this nicely sums it up :
A context is characterized by the fundamental relationship ‘is true in’, or
‘ist’, where:

[Statement] --ist--> [Context]

  I'm having trouble understanding your notion of "context".
  Paraphrasing your three properties:
      Resource has context = Statement
      Statement has contains = Resource
      Bag has contents = Resource

  errm, now I'm confused...

  This seems backwards to me.  I think of context
  as follows:
      Statement has context = cname
      cname is List of Statement

  yes, this is kind of what I had in mind, although I was also trying to
distinguish between the identifier of the context (cname/URI) and the
contained items {s1, s2, etc}

  Remarks:
  1. Although a Bag of Statements will work in some
  cases, I think that a List is necessary in general.

  I'm honestly not sure about this - the DAML/OWL folks seem to like the
List, but the way in which the items are accessed (head, tail) seems to me
to be rather orthogonal to the containship property, an unordered collection
that can contain duplicates (which I understand a bag to be) would seem to
be the important part.

  2. If you want to include actions (as opposed to static
  Properties), then context should include space and
  time.

  What's wrong with :

  cname {{{{

  s1 {
  danny isDoing typingStuff
  danny isIn office
  }

  s1 startTime 11am
  s1 endTime 11pm

  }}}}

  3. In my KR language, I put the context before the
  Statement (I call the static context "view")
      at view = cname { Statement }
  My static Statement is written as
      subject has predicate = object

  the RDF statement can be written

  which I'm hoping will work with

  Cheers,
  Danny.

  Dick McCullough
  knowledge := man do identify od existent done
  knowledge haspart list of proposition