RE: Date Representation Best Practice

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 12:02:48 -0000
To: "Ian Davis" <iand@internetalchemy.org>, <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

> Aside from the practical considerations of generating resources for
> all possible dates, are there any other reasons why one would favour
> literals over resources? Will the proposals for data typing literals
> cover date relationships?

The datatyping proposals are now in the latest round of working drafts, and
suggest the use of XML Schema Datatypes.

I believe that XML Schema Datatypes would allow either of the approaches
that you outlined ... you would need to check the specs but I think there is
both datatypes for dates and also for years and months ...

Jeremy