Re: The semantics of blank nodes

In a message dated 11/13/2002 12:00:17 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
jon@spin.ie writes:

> No, the best way to say "I don't know" is to say you don't know.
> The best response to "I don't care" is to say nothing.

While I agree with those maxims, I don't think the example
in the primer is saying either of those.  Clearly the author
knows that the object is an Address because the predicate
is "address" (thought I would prefer something more specific).

So, I agree that if you "don't know" -- a blank node is warranted.
But if you know and "don't care" -- I would say that is bad practice.

 - Mike
Michael C. Daconta
Director, Web & Technology Services
www.mcbrad.com