Re: reading RDF in Protege

Danny Ayers wrote:
> Vladimir - Protege *can* read RDF (& RDFS).
>
> For the benefit of folks that haven't encountered it yet - Protege-2000 is
> great frame-based ontology/knowledgebase tool from the Knowledge Modeling
> Group (KMG) at Stanford University. It's free & open-source (Mozilla
> license). It's very versatile (a lot of seriously nifty plugins are
> available), and includes considerable support for RDF(S) - one of its
> storage formats is RDF, along with CLIPS files and JDBC.
> I'm not sure how complete the support is now, but the last version I tried
> (a year ago?) couldn't handle containers.

We've used Protege with RDF import and export, and it worked perfectly
fine for us. One thing you have to keep in mind: the RDF module in
Protege doesn't (or didn't?) use the proper namespace for RDF Schema.
It uses 'http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/PR-rdf-schema-19990303#', instead
of 'http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#'. You'll have to edit the
saved RDF files to make them compatible with other tools.

Arjohn

--
arjohn.kampman@aidministrator.nl
aidministrator nederland b.v.  -  http://www.aidministrator.nl/