Re: RDF, RDFS and DAML+OIL benifits over XML (fwd)

From: Pedro Assis in Oporto <passis@dee.isep.ipp.pt>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 09:14:17 +0000 (WET)
To: Libby Miller <Libby.Miller@bristol.ac.uk>
cc: www-rdf-interest <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

Hi Libby,

On Thu, 7 Nov 2002, Libby Miller wrote:

> hm... interesting. If a model changes in RDF, you'd need to change the
> model, and so the RDFSchema. the RDF parsers would not change (though
> neither would the XML parser in your case); you'd have to alter the
> queries or the API calls. But you wouldn't have to alter the storage of
> the data (assuming you were using a native RDF database).
>
> I'm not sure what you mean in your last couple of paragraphs - can you
> explain further?

I think that you managed to answer my question. What I was trying to
establish was how RDF-based technology would adapt to changes made at its
lower level - RDF model. But, in the end it seems to be left to developer
to eventually deploy tools to address this issue.

Regards,

--
Pedro

passis@dee.isep.ipp.pt | Tel. +351 22 8340500 Ext. 1712