Re: Announce: Browse RDF like the web

From: Paul Prescod <paul@prescod.net>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2002 14:15:17 -0800
To: Damian Steer <dsteer@hp.com>
CC: www-rdf-interest@w3.org, jena-dev@yahoogroups.com

Damian Steer wrote:

> BrownSauce doesn't render rdf documents. Essentially you ask it "what
> by a URI or property / value pairs (eg foaf:mbox <mbox>).[2]
>
> BrownSauce runs as a local http server (using Java), or can be used in
> an existing web app server (eg Tomcat).  Its output can be customised
> using rdf (for the 'coarse graining' algorithm) and css (for
> display).

I know that various people run under constraints about what software
they can run and bandwidth they can use. But I think that the demo
version of the browser might get more mainstream testing if it ran
entirely on a predefined globally addressable server. I don't want to
install software just to see who Edd Dumbill knows. ;)

I'm certainly not deprecating the software, just suggesting a different
demo model.

  Paul Prescod