De: www-rdf-interest-request@w3.org
[mailto:www-rdf-interest-request@w3.org]En nombre de David Greiff
Enviado el: jueves, 07 de noviembre de 2002 13:37
Para: www-rdf-interest@w3.org
Asunto: xml(s), rdf(s), daml+oil: search for comparing papers / usage of
daml+oil/owl

hello rdf-world,

i'm searching for any articles or notes about comparisons of the
features and capabilities the semantic-enabling languages xml(s), rdf(s)
and daml+oil/owl provide, especially with the focus of capabilities to
integrate heterogeneous data.

another focus of my interest are papers dealing with the the usage of
daml+oil in real scenarios and a presentation of its results
(experiences, lessons learnt etc.).

i already know following papers regarding the first part of my concern:

Jane Hunter and Carl Lagoze:
Combining RDF and XML Schemas to Enhance Interoperabilitv
Between Metadata Application Profiles						Proceedings of WWW10, May 1-5,
2001, Hong Kong
http://www.cs.cornell.edu/lagoze/papers/HunterLagozeWWW10.pdf
[XML schemas in addition to rdf usage in order to combine the benefits
each language has, because xmls and rdf complement each other in a
suitable way]

M. Klein, D. Fensel, F. van Harmelen, and I. Horrocks.
The Relation between Ontologies and Schema-languages:
Translating OIL-specifications in XML-Schema.					In Proceedings of the
Workshop on
Applications of Ontologies and Problem-Solving Methods, 2000.
http://delicias.dia.fi.upm.es/WORKSHOP/ECAI00/7.pdf
[comparison of xmls and oil; transformation and analoga; reference to
relational databases]

Yolanda Gil and Varun Ratnakar:
A Comparison Of (Semantic) Markup Languages					Proceedings of the 15th
international
FLAIRS Conference,
Pensacola Beach, Florida, USA, May 14-16, 2002
http://trellis.semanticweb.org/expect/web/semanticweb/flairs02_comparison.pd
[comparison of xmls, rdfs, daml+oil concerning expressiveness for
semantic markup; tabular overview with some languages features; ]

Lars Marius Garshol:
Topic maps, RDF, DAML, OIL - A comparison					in proceedings of XML 2001,
Montreal, Canada,
August 2001
http://www.idealliance.org/papers/xml2001/papers/html/05-04-04.html
[comparison, especially referring to possible transformations between
the different languages]

http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/klein00relation.html

thanks for your advice!

regards,

david greiff

--
David Greiff, IMK.NetMedia
Fraunhofer Institut für Medienkommunikation