ANN: Survey: Visualization Techniques for Ontologies

From: Neil Ernst <nernst@cs.uvic.ca>
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 17:18:41 -0500
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org

[freed from spam trap -RRS]

Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 15:22:43 -0500 (EST)
From: "Neil Ernst" <nernst@cs.uvic.ca>
To: "'Protege Discussion'" <protege-discussion@SMI.Stanford.EDU>,
         "'RDF interest'" <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

The SHriMP lab at the University of Victoria, British Columbia, has for
some time been working on visualization of ontologies, in the form of a
tool called Jambalaya.  This is implemented as a tab plug-in to the Protege
ontology editor (from Stanford University, protege.stanford.edu ).  We have
recently released version 1.5 of this tool (available at
http://shrimp.cs.uvic.ca).

In conjunction with our research, we are conducting a preliminary survey of
ontology visualizations to aid in future development of the tool.  The
survey is a web-based form which takes approximately 5 minutes to complete.
Questions are focused on individual experience with ontologies, as well as
the usefulness of visual support for ontology work. The survey is online at:

http://shrimp.cs.uvic.ca/jamb-survey.htm

We greatly appreciate any time you might have for giving feedback.

the SHriMP team
mailto:support@shrimpviews.com