Re: Survey on Query Languages/Tools for RDF/S, DAML+OIL, TopicMap

From: Lars Marius Garshol <larsga@garshol.priv.no>
Date: 03 May 2002 23:33:56 +0200
To: <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

* Aimilia Maganaraki

| Given the increasing interest in Semantic Web query languages and
| storage/querying tools, we have prepared a survey of related
| technologies for the standards RDF/S, DAML+OIL and Topic Map.

I haven't had time to look at the detailed contents (yet), but I can
see that you have left out the following topic map query languages:

 - eTMQL from empolis <URL: http://k42.empolis.co.uk/tmql.html >
   If you download a free version of K42 there is a description of
   the language in there. I think you can also try it out.

 - AsTMa? by Robert Barta

 - sTMQL by Jan Algermissen and Sam Hunting

Under tools you have left out lots of topic map engines, but I guess
the only relevant ones are those that have query language
implementations.  That would be:

 - GWTK, supporting sTMQL

 - I think XTM::Base may support AsTMa?, but have never tried

In addition the TM4J developers are currently working on tolog support
for TM4J.

I also have some comments on what you write about TMQL and tolog, as
well as the OKS, but I guess we can take those off-list. (I'll email
them when I've had time to read your paper more closely.)