RE: n3 wishlist: automatic namespace selection

> From: Sandro Hawke [mailto:sandro@w3.org]
> I was thinking there would be no ordering -- if a definition
> was found in more than one ontology, an error would be
> reported.  If ontologies were well-behaved in never losing
> terms, this means at worst one's code
> would produce an error instead of the wrong results.    Is that still
> too dangerous to provide to users?

Another problem is ontologies *gaining* terms - you might suddenly find that
a previously well-behaved system fails simply because someone has introduced
a term to an ontology that has an identical name to one you're already using
(with its default name) in another ontology.  This *will* happen on the
Semantic Web, because people won't be as careful as we would wish about
versioning and never replacing the contents of a particular URL.

		- Peter