RDF/XML for cataloging

From: Leo Przybylski <leop@engr.arizona.edu>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2002 07:42:13 -0700
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org
Hello,

I'm pretty new to RDF/XML. I'm currently building a digital library with
metadata that extends the current stucture of Dublin Core. I know Dublin Core
utilizes RDF for its RDF/XML structure, but since I'm so new to RDF I still
have trouble understanding how RDF can be used for resource discovery? Is the
content expected to be bound with the RDF data set to describe itself?

I've read the RDF documentation, but haven't found any description on its
intended use.

can anyone describe this to me?

-Leo