RE: Specifing language direction in RDF

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 09:54:55 -0000
To: "Chris Croome" <chris@webarchitects.co.uk>, <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
> I've done another test file based on this [1] but it doesn't generate a
> triple for the language (or the direction) as is being suggested by the
> DCMI [2]:

> [2] http://dublincore.org/documents/2001/11/30/dcq-rdf-xml/#sec4

Thanks for the pointer, I will draw the attention of the WG to this.

In the WG discussion my view has been that in M&S a literal is a pair
consisting of a unicode string and a lang-tag. An RDF API, such as Jena, and
an RDF parser, such as ARP, should provide access to both (which both do).
Unfortunately the W3C validator site does not show the lang-tag.
With such a pair, which currently appears to have WG support, the section
you have pointed to is, at best, unnecessary.