Re: Why is RDF such a tough sell?

From: <MDaconta@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 17:34:31 EDT
To: rhoads@thrupoint.net, www-rdf-interest@w3.org
In a message dated 6/24/02 1:23:56 PM, rhoads@thrupoint.net writes:
> Are RDF and XML Schema competing solutions?  Yes.  Here is an analogy to
> human speech which I like to make:

I agree.  I do believe they are competing technologies.  Especially since
both can represent literal values.  But, that makes it harder for RDF as
Schema is dominant.  So, the burden of proof is on RDF to have a
clear value proposition for adoption.

> RDF:
>
> XML         ---&gt;  Vocal Chords
> RDF         ---&gt;  Grammar
> RDF Schema  ---&gt;  Vocabulary
>
> XML Schema:
>
> XML         ---&gt;  Vocal Chords
> XML Schema  ---&gt;  Grammar/Vocabulary

This is an interesting analogy.  Can you show me an example that
demonstrates it?

Thanks,

 - Mike