Re: Report of ad hoc Query/NetAPI meeting at ISWC/Sardinia

From: Uche Ogbuji <uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 17:52:47 -0600
To: "Seaborne, Andy" <Andy_Seaborne@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
cc: "'www-rdf-interest@w3.org'" <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

> I entirely sympathise with the email burden.
> The reason why the www-rdf-rules list was chosen is because the scope of
> that list includes query - not the ideal choice of name but the scope
> message mentioned query [1].  It is a balance in using other mailing lists
> (subscription tracking) and overloading a general email list (email content
> too widely spread).
> Stepping back, I hope you will contribute to the discussions on query given
> your experience in designing and using Versa.

Yes.  This is why I was grumbling.  I do intend to join discussion wherever
RDF query is the topic of the list.  I accept the arguments you and Dan
Brickley have offered, but it doesn't reduce the trepidation of joining
another mailing list.

Oh well.

Track chair, XML/Web Services One (San Jose, Boston):
DAML Reference - http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2002/05/01/damlref.html
The Languages of the Semantic Web - http://www.newarchitectmag.com/documents/s=
XML, The Model Driven Architecture, and RDF @ XML Europe -