Re: Q to implementers: Resource identifiers - XML Namesand/or(concatenated) URIs? (was RE: rdfs.isDefinedBy...)

From: Thomas B. Passin <tpassin@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 08:37:57 -0400
To: RDF Interest <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

[Manos Batsis]
    [Tom P]
    >Just give up on non-CSS aware browsers, then?

Come on Tom, CSS is already compatible with lots more software than a
new tag will probably ever be. Besides, my point (answering to Frank
Manola's suggestion) was that, as things are today, we really don't need
a new tag; we have a wide variety of options bringing confusion already.

[Tom P]
It wasn't me who suggested a new tag, Manos.  I'm agin it.

I was thinking mainly of Netscape 4, which is still the officially supported
browser at my company and, I'm sure some others.

  2) You can also put your RDF somewhere in the head section of the
document; it will not be displayed by html aware browsers.

[Tom P]
Yes I know and it's probably what I'd do.

Tom P