Surprising/Impressive/Satisfying RDF mindshare at XML Web Services One

From: Uche Ogbuji <uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com>
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2002 21:22:55 -0600
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org

I was floored.  RDF was everywhere.  And acknowledgement of RDF was coming
from the least expected quarters.  In fact, probably every other talk I saw
from all speakers had some mention of RDF.  And it seemed a large proportion
of the attendees were there for semweb topics.  This conference is *not* the
typical RDF booster hang-out.  It has an overpowering flavor of Fortune 500.

Toufic Boubez deserves a good deal of credit.  He and I have both worked to
make sure RDF topics were represented in the program, and he chaired the Web
Services Future track which had a good number of SemWeb topics.

The Boston conference coming up in September will have a very similar program.
 I imagine word will continue to spread there.

Track chair, XML/Web Services One (San Jose, Boston):
DAML Reference - http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2002/05/01/damlref.html
The Languages of the Semantic Web - http://www.newarchitectmag.com/documents/s=
XML, The Model Driven Architecture, and RDF @ XML Europe -