Re: rdfs:isDefinedBy (Was Re: Representing DCMI semantics as RDFschemas versus Web pages)

From: Thomas B. Passin <tpassin@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 22:10:41 -0400
To: "'RDF Interest'" <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

[Bill de hÓra]

> > I disagree, Dan. The rdfs:isDefinedBy property does not point
> > to a namespace, but to a resource.
>
> Here's the question: Are XML namespaces RDF resources? If a
> collection of names identified by a URI reference can be an RDF
> resource, then an XML namespace can be an RDF resource.

The actual value of an xml namespace (the identifier of a collection of
names) is a URI reference.  There could be a convention (or it could be in
the Rec) that such a URI does identify an xml namespace as an RDF resource.
After all, the uri reference for a namespace is supposed to be unique.

An RDF resource can identify anything discussable, and a namespace is
discussable.

It would make a lot of sense to me.

Cheers,

Tom P