RE: Innovation, community and queries

From: Graham Klyne <GK@ninebynine.org>
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2002 15:45:21 +0100
To: "Danny Ayers" <danny666@virgilio.it>
Cc: "RDF Interest" <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

FWIW, my simple query "language" implementation [1][2] is encoded in RDF
(via N3).  I'm not sure it is right for all purposes, but it served mine
well enough.

#g

[1] http://www.ninebynine.org/RDFNotes/RDFForLittleLanguages.htm

[2] http://www.ninebynine.org/Software/N3ReportGenerator.zip

At 11:22 PM 5/31/02 +0200, Danny Ayers wrote:

> >properties(@"x:spam")
> >@"x:spam" - properties() -> *
>
>Another good reason for an RDF QL in RDF!
>
>Seriously though, I do think such a QL would be extremely useful, not only
>because it would generally help interop.  It would also mean that a whole
>range of common expressions could become easier in RDF (without having to
>drop into DAML-land), and also make things like XSLT-ish transformations a
>lot more straightforward. Not unrelated to the interop point, the ability to
>save sets of queries in a common format like RDF/XML has to be a plus - same
>parser etc etc.
>
>Cheers,
>Danny.

Graham Klyne