RE: N3 and N-Triples (was: RDF in HTML: Approaches)

Aaron,

Registering your digust at Patrick's post as labelling it as FUD
I'm sure is duly noted, but is unfair and FUD of it's own kind.
Patrick is right and he isn't spreading FUD.

The syntax draft is entitled "RDF/XML Syntax Specification
(Revised)" and there is this note in the Test Case draft re
N-Triples in Section 3:

[[
NOTE: N-Triples is not an user RDF syntax - it is intended for RDF
Core WG testing purposes and checking RDF applications for
conformance with the specifications.
]]]

which speaks for itself as to the intended status and purpose.

Lifting N-Triples into its own Draft and thereby a mandated
interchange format would be interesting.

> Perhaps we will be more "interoperable" if we stick with
> RDF/XML, but I
> think that's rather meaningless since it will only be adopted by
> the  tiny community we already have. If we want more people to
> adopt RDF  we're going to have accept that the old syntax is
> flawed and move on.

Indeed.

Bill de hÓra