Re: Associations in RDF

From: <MDaconta@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 23:51:45 EDT
To: decoy@iki.fi
CC: www-rdf-interest@w3.org

Hi Decoy,

In a message dated 7/21/02 11:49:04 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
decoy@iki.fi writes:
> The same holds of RDFS, too -- no property is declared to be a part of
>  either the range or the domain. Again, the only reason we view such
>  relations as having been degraded into attributes is that the relevant
>  specs occasionally depict them that way and that the XML serialization
>  looks like the subject is somehow more tightly bound to the properties
>  than the object. The only time the principle breaks down is when one
>  considers putting literals on the left side of a relation.

I see your view that I am imparting a deficiency on RDF based on its
serialization syntax and my semantics for the word "Property"; however, I
think
the effect of the above combination leads to what I would consider weak
uses of RDF (class/attribute modeling) instead of modeling relations.

> OK. Just for the fun of it I'll put the association stuff up on
>  http://www.iki.fi/~decoy/shared/meta/rdf-stuff .

Thanks for this!!  I'll check it out.

Thanks for your feedback,

 - Mike