RE: Objects as RDF subgraphs

I've been working on this problem for a similar purpose, though haven't come
up with any magic. What looks most promising to me so far is to take
advantage of the topology of the graph (something you shouldn't have too
much trouble with after RDFAuthor ;-) The wrapping ('folding' is the term
I've been using) might start at any particular point in the graph, and
examine the neighbouring nodes. If it finds something that can act as a
terminus (a non-bNode resource) then it stops there and carry out the same
test in different directions, until a little cluster that can stand alone is
formed, which may be given an ID. This can be applied recursively, applying
the same approach to the terminals of the cluster to produce a larger
grouping (of course you don't need to give it an ID until you've got
everything you want). kindaLike striping in circles. The problem of how you
know you've got everything you want in the box is the kind of thing a query
language might be good at, and the ID issuing could almost certainly be
simplified using something like Seth's quads, but I reckon both of these
would depend a lot on other requirements/facilities of the app (simply
adding another property to each of the members of the cluster would be an
alternative).

Cheers,
Danny.

---