Re: Objects as RDF subgraphs

From: "Damian Steer" <dsteer@hp.com>

> I'm about to start work on an(other) rdf browser. The idea is to
> present rdf data in a 'coarse grained' way - eg vcard data as a box
> containing name, tel no, photo etc.
>
> The tricky bit will be the coarse graining. I'm considering
> auto-generating classes which will pick out sub-graphs of an
> underlying rdf model.

What defines the "underlying rdf model" ?   Is it the document read?   Would
your class-wrapping strategy allow for multiple documents asserting triples
into the same "underlying rdf model"  ?   What determines if a triple is in
the model or not:  1) the class of the subject, 2) the class of the
property, or 3) the class of the object ?    How could you determine a class
that would make a coherent sub-graph.  Can you explain?

> The question is - how?

Sailor agents put triples (the arc, not the node) in different models
(graphs, sub-graphs,  contexts, formula, whatever you want to call them).  I
believe that TimBl's CWM uses the same strategy.

http://robustai.net/sailor/
I would call a sailor agent a RDF browser ... wouldn't you?

Seth Russell