Re: questions on assertion

From: Thomas B. Passin <tpassin@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 08:28:45 -0400
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org

[Franco Salvetti]

> if we have a reified statement, do we have to consider that the statement
> that is reified is asserted or not?

No.  From the RDF Model and Syntax Recommendation:

" A statement and its corresponding reified statement exist independently in
an RDF graph and either may be present without the other. The RDF graph is
said to contain the fact given in the statement if and only if the statement
is present in the graph, irrespective of whether the corresponding reified
statement is present."

Cheers,

Tom P