Re: Common RDF parser bug?

From: Dave Reynolds <der@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 09:55:16 +0000
To: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
CC: www-rdf-interest@w3.org
> The particular example I have in mind comes
> from an rdf schema for p3p I have been working on where I have statements
> of the form:
>
>    <site> <collects> _:1 .
>    _:1    <rdf:type> <rdf:Statement> .
>    _:1     <rdf:predicate> <p3p:birthdate> .
>
> which is a way of saying this site collects information about peoples
> birthdays.

I'm very happy with the notion that partially specified reified statements are
allowed. If the decision had gone the other way presumably you could have used
the interpretation of bNodes as existentially quantified variables to model
this, viz:
    <site> <collects> _:1 .
    _:1    <rdf:type> <rdf:Statement> .
    _:1     <rdf:predicate> <p3p:birthdate> .
    _:1     <rdf:subject> _:2 .
    _:1     <rdf:object> _:3 .

Dave