Re: robots.rdf

Hi

On Wed 09-Jan-2002 at 03:24:30PM -0500, Dan Brickley wrote:

> The smart thing is to *not* use well-known locations, but to follow an
> age old tradition: if you want to know about a web site, *read its
> homepage*.
>
> Being able to find a manifest or overview page for a site, w/ pointers
> to associated web services, rss feeds, data dumps, site map file(s),
> privacy statements etc etc is a worthy goal. But I'm having trouble
> understanding the value of inventing WKRs beyond the published home
> page URIs for these sites. Metadata could be embedded in the XHTML,
> available by content negotiation, or linked to from home page. Or all
> three...

In terms of linking to sitemaps and metadata from XHTML would some
additions to the link types in HTML 4 [1] be a good idea? I think
rel="sitemap" and rel="meta" would make sense.

Chris

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/types.html#type-links

--
Chris Croome                               <chris@webarchitects.co.uk>