Re: new cwm release (separate rdfn3.g parser)

On Fri, 2002-02-22 at 14:11, Sandro Hawke wrote:
> It seems to my inexpert eye that cwm has these functional components:
>
>   1.  Parse RDF (REC-rdf-syntax-19990222), n3, ntriples
>   2.  Generate (pretty-print) RDF (REC-rdf-syntax-19990222), n3, ntriples
>   3.  Flatten (encode n3 formulas in an RDF graph; has been broken for ages)

[...]

> Personally, I'd like to see separate programs for 1+3 (reader),

I'm pretty happy with the yapps-based reader:

  http://www.w3.org/2000/10/swap/rdfn3_yapps.py
  http://www.w3.org/2000/10/swap/rdfn3-gram.html
  http://www.w3.org/2000/10/swap/rdfn3.g

Well... speaking of performance, I'm not happy with the yapps scanner;
it calls the regex engine N times per token, rather than just once.

And it only parses... it doesn't flatten. (I consider that
a feature, not a bug, btw.)

> 2
> (writer), 4 (reifier), 5 (thinker), and 6 (questioner).  (I imagine
> the programs piping N-Triples or maybe RDF/XML between them.)  That
> would make life easier for parallel development and for tracking the
> evolution of the different components.
>
> What do you think?

Yup; a big part of the motivation for developing rdfn3.g was
to specify how N3 relates to, say, KIF, without involving
alll the hairy cwm bits.