RE: RDFCore WG: Datatyping documents

> From: Patrick Stickler [mailto:patrick.stickler@nokia.com]

> > Finally, there is the subject of Type Libraries [2], that
> are far more
> > interesting.
> >
> > [2] http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-0/#Libs
>
> I don't see how this relates to RDF datatyping. Yes, it
> may be more interesting than RDF datatyping but ... ;-)

Since RDF is about metadata, it may prove very useful to be able to
express that a certain resource (which may be a fragment) is of a
certain type according to a schema language. The schema information may
not be useful to the RDF but if this gets implemented, it may be the
only way (someone please do correct me if I'm wrong) to associate XML
fragments as resources with their structural validation module.

Kindest regards,

Manos