Sands [was: Re: XML vs. RDF ==> see infoset domains]

From: Sean B. Palmer <sean@mysterylights.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 23:38:52 -0000
To: "Jonathan Borden" <jborden@mediaone.net>, "Sandro Hawke" <sandro@w3.org>, "Manos Batsis" <m.batsis@bsnet.gr>
Cc: <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
> > Is anyone doing XML processing by turning XML instances
> > into infoset RDF graphs, processing the RDF graphs?

> There are no semantics attached to XML _itself_ rather
> specifications attach semantics to a particular XML grammar
> e.g. RDF/XML,

Indeed. However, I have been investigating representing constraints
upon the infoset items using RDF, and the results seem rather
promising - for example in the field of testing XML languages for
accessiblity. Because syntactic schemata are simply constraints on the
structure of particular infoset instances, I thought it would be a
good idea to try to represent these syntactic constraints in RDF, and
then apply semantic constraints on top of that.

More information is available in:-
- Sands: Syntax and Semantics for XAG

XAG is the XML Accessibility Guidelines: this document was originally
prepared for WAI PF; for testing accessibility of XML languages, but
it encompasses a lot of other things too. TAG may also be interested.

Kindest Regards,
Sean B. Palmer
@prefix : <http://purl.org/net/swn#> .
:Sean :homepage <http://purl.org/net/sbp/> .