Re: KR & W3C (was KR & Issue/bug tracking terms in RDFS?)

From: Richard H. McCullough <rhm@cdepot.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2002 18:08:17 -0800
To: "Joshua Allen" <joshuaa@microsoft.com>
Cc: "RDF-Interest" <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

There's just one issue here that I'd like to comment on.
> ##### 3. I think my KR language is better than other knowledge
representation
> ##### systems. KR is easier for humans to read and write, AND it is
suitable for
> ##### machine processing. I think the Semantic Web community would benefit
greatly by
> ##### adopting my KR language as a standard.
>
> Considering that you seem to know very little about RDF and Semantic Web,
it is surprising that you can be so certain that > your way is better.  RDF
and Semantic Web community are certainly spending time understanding
"problems" and
> developing solutions.  Of course, that is not the same as someone shopping
their "solution" around in search of "problems".

The reasons I'm so certain my language is better:
(1) I've looked at other AI languages for 30 years;
(2) in the last 6 years I haven't found any "problem" my language couldn't
handle;
(3) the core of my language is context-dependent definitions & hierarchies.