Re: xml DOM as rdf

From: "Danny Ayers" <danny666@virgilio.it>
> >> Has anyone come up with a nice vocabulary for expressing DOM
> >> information as
> >> RDF?
> >
> >Would http://www.w3.org/2001/04/infoset cover your needs, or would there
be
> >any DOM information not in the infoset?
>
> Heh - I think I saw this when it was first posted, but had completely
> forgotten It should do nicely, thanks.

Yes, I was going to suggest this schema too.  But to convert any kind of XML
into RDF, don't you still need a mapping from each element and attribute
name in the XML document to the set of things defined by the RDF model?
I've used translatesTo in the following example:

foo
    type infoset:Element;
    translatesTo sru:Node.
bar
    type infoset:Attribute;
    sru:translatesTo sru:Arrow;
    sru:content rdfs:Resource.

So that the following XML:

<foo>
     <bar>http://robustai.net/sailor/</bar>
</foo>

Would end up being the following RDF:

<rdf:description>
    <bar resource="http://robustai.net/sailor/" />
</rdf:description>

This needs a lot more work, but perhaps you get the drift.  The point being
that we can extract RDF from any given XML but just describing the XML
schema in this manner.  Alternatively you could just assume that Elements
alternate between nodes and arrows as they nest and that all attributes are
arrows ... but making this explicit should give us better results.

Comments ?

Seth Russell
http://robustai.net/sailor/