RE: xml DOM as rdf

From: Danny Ayers <danny666@virgilio.it>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 15:21:26 +0200
To: "Manos Batsis" <m.batsis@bsnet.gr>
Cc: "RDF-Interest" <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

>Such an XML serialization of DOM would be highly redundant (same case
>with John Cowan's serialization of infosets @ xml-dev).
>Why not use markup directly as a literal value?

Thanks for the suggestion.
I've got fairly rich objects that already have an RDF serialization, and
have associated (arbitrary) XML characteristics (i.e. each object can
correspond to an element). Using literals in the way you suggest I'd have to
generate the XML fragments first and push them into the RDF on writing, then
glue them back together on reading while still maintaining the RDF node/DOM
node association. The objects in the app store the XML attributes internally
as hashtables, so I *think* it'll be easier to write/read this data as RDF
only.

Cheers,
Danny.