Re: RDF in SVG (or other XML)

From: Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 14:44:14 +0200
To: RDF-Interest <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

Danny Ayers wrote:
> The SVG spec uses RDF in its examples of what to put in <metadata> elements,
> and I was wondering how people were getting on with this in practice. In
> particular, unmarshalling the markup in such a way that references between
> the SVG elements and RDF statements are maintained/created in their
> respective models strikes me as potentially tricky.

I've used RDF inside SVG on one occasion, with a rather simple use case:
the RDF described objects that were to be displayed in SVG and for which
some extended information was shown in some form of large tooltip.

The content of the tooltip was in the RDF, and the EcmaScript grabbed it
when needed to construct the tooltip. Of course, it was a rather limited
use, but I liked the idea that the metadata was usable both internally
and from an outside program accessing the SVG.

--
Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
Research Engineer, Expway