Re: Google Result in RDF

From: Seth Ladd <seth@brivo.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 13:46:53 -0400
CC: www-rdf-interest@w3.org
Alexander Löser wrote:
> At http://nutria.cs.tu-berlin.de/roodolf
> you can query Google Search Engine  via a Webinterface and will retrive
> the result in RDF. I used the Jena Toolkit, the Google API and an Tomcat
> Server.
> The RDF Schema is aviable at http://nutria.cs.tu-berlin.de/roodolf/rdfs

Great idea!

A couple of suggestions to make it more Web friendly...

- Instead of relatedInformationPresent, is it possible to construct a
URI that points to the relatedInformation for this resource?  That URI
would probably go back to your service and do the relatedInformation API
call, but you can wrap that as a Resource.  Very RDF friendly. :)

- Can we create a URI for the search itself?  Instead of the .jsp being
the URI, we can create something like:

http://your.google.service/search/param+param+param

That would be a URI that represents that search.  We can GET that over
and over.  Plus we can include that in our own RDF.  Imagine being able
to describe a resource and include a property hasGoogleResults.

Very cool,
Seth