RE: Personal URI?

The assumption is being made that people will want to be identified, which
suggests a generalised solution. In reality this may not be the case (or
practical). If a person doesn't want to be identified, then presumably
no-one has the right to identify them (governments might disagree). On the
other hand, if they really do want to be identified then they can apply to
an organisation like Barney and have themselves put in the directory (the
date & place stamping is great, though what if the individual only moved a
few miles away?).

However, I think identifying someone in this way is very limited in its
added utility. In practice, I would suggest that Seth's bNode approach will
be perfectly adequate - e.g. "give me a list of the books written by the
bloke who came up with html". Not precise enough? - add another rule, which
may be his/her surname, email address, national insurance number or the
title/Amazon URL of another work. Locally, we might use a 99-digit id
number, but in the wild the id-by-association should be plenty (and better
matches the conceptual frameworks in which it is likely to be used).

Cheers,
Danny.

---
Danny Ayers