Re: Personal URI?

From: Sampo Syreeni <decoy@iki.fi>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 12:02:04 +0300 (EEST)
To: Seth Russell <seth@robustai.net>
cc: Peter Bruhn Andersen <bruhn.andersen@get2net.dk>, RDF-interest <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

On 2002-08-06, Seth Russell uttered to Peter Bruhn Andersen and RDF-interest:

>I don't think that creating a URI (any type of uri) is the best
>solution. Reason is that different entities who want to describe this
>person will tend to create different URI for him or her.

Yes, but only where you come from. Over here, just about everybody who
needs to uniquely identify a person will actually use the PIN.
Government agencies, banks, credit card companies, universities,
everybody. Given that those sorts of instances aren't exactly what one
might call trivial in the e-world, I think a URI type to facilitate PIN
use can actually make a difference in how well RDF is perceived around
these parts.
--
Sampo Syreeni, aka decoy - mailto:decoy@iki.fi, tel:+358-50-5756111