RE: Personal URI?

From: Peter Bruhn Andersen <bruhn.andersen@get2net.dk>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 08:22:01 +0200
To: "RDF-interest" <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

Joshua Allen wrote:
> Although, I am curious about why the aversion to e-mail.

First I have to say that the challenge in this problem is to find a general solution not just a solution for one specific person.

And then: The person in question do not have any aversion against email as such but do not have or want to have a personal one. The role he has at each organization do use email and does provide him with one each. BUT it is not personal!! In other words we have:

in organization FOO where he has the roleA his email address is
   roleA@FOO.org
and in organization NotHere where he has the roleB his email address is
   roleB@NotHere.com

There is no (easy) way a program would be able to conclude that these two addresses refers to the same person and thus no is way we can piece together a complete description of the person.

Murray said:
> Because email addresses are not stable?

Yes that too is a problem especially in a situation like this where the email address’s belongs to roles. We just don’t know when there is a new person in that role.

Is this really a problem that hasn’t been addressed before?

Regards,
Peter