RE: Personal URI?

From: Peter Bruhn Andersen <bruhn.andersen@get2net.dk>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 21:17:00 +0200
To: "RDF-interest" <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

Seth asked:

"Can you create an URN for that person?  Possibly with a new URN space?"

Well, a new URN space has been on my mind. I'm living in Denmark where we
all have a unique "personal identification number" (PIN) and I did have some
ideas about using the PIN as a URN.
There are however two problems using the PIN in such a way:
The PIN can be used as an access key to sensitive information. The PIN
itself is not enough but the risk makes a majority of people unwilling to
share it publicly.
The PIN is only given to people in Denmark. I would like to see a globally
useful solution.

The basic principle in creating the PIN is to use the day of birth in
connection with a unique four-digit number. Maybe this could be applied in a
more universal way?

Regards,
Peter

(Information on the PIN can be found in the paragraph "4.2 The personal
identification number" at
http://www.cpr.dk/Index/dokumenter.asp?o=7&n=0&d=141&s=5#cprsysuk_06 )