Re: Adobe XMP and jpeg embedding

From: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2002 23:34:43 +0100
To: <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

"Matt Biddulph" <mb@picdiary.com>
> I was discussing picture metadata with some people this morning and
> decided to have a play with the Adobe XMP toolkit [1]. Here are my
> notes, in case they are of use or interest to anyone.
>
> job 2: try the dumper
> * as you'd hope, the PDF files that document the XMP toolkit
>      themselves have XMP embedded
> * so I ran the dumper on XMPEmbedding.pdf and got this dump [2]
> * and here's a nice w3c rdf validator visualisation of the
>      metadata [3]

I've found the dumper to have problems if the RDF contained any bNodes, it
produced errors - although I didn't look too deeply, and haven't yet tried
embedding - My image-annotation tools get the image metadata from inside
the jpeg, and any metadata that is stored in an annotea database, and
clumps it together in a single document

The form at the top of
http://jibbering.com/svg/AnnotateImage.html
does this (the second form which lets you actually make the annotations
stores them in annotea.

Cheers,

Jim.