Re: any good hacks for these?

From: Miles Sabin <miles@milessabin.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 10:05:38 +0100
To: "'RDF-Interest'" <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

Bill de hÓra wrote,
> How to determine models for liquids, talc, or an Irish stew, requires
> some thought with respect to a partOf operator. That is, describing
> things which are not obviously discrete is tricky.

What's really needed is a someOf operator, but my gut feeling is that
for the purposes of RDF the metaphysical niceites of stuffs and
substances vs. parts and wholes probably doesn't matter all that much:
in which case a mereotopological interpretation of partOf is probably
good enough.

Cheers,

Miles