Re: any good hacks for these?

From: Seth Russell <seth@robustai.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 19:22:11 -0700
To: "Danny Ayers" <danny666@virgilio.it>, "RDF-Interest" <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

From: "Danny Ayers" <danny666@virgilio.it>

> 1. A context thing. Say we have an RDF file containing a set of
assertions,
> and we want to load this into our system. The only thing is, we need to
know
> that these assertions came from the same (identified) source. Internally
we
> can use a quad type model or whatever, but if we want to merge these
> assertions with another set and pass them on, how can this be done whilst
> maintaining an association between the source and the assertions?

I would describe the source of the statements on a reified statement node;
leaving the triples themselves unadorned.

A r B.
[ type Statement; subject A; predicate r;  object B;
source <http://foo/doc >]

The reified statements could be include in the merged doc or in a separate
doc.

> 3. Weightings/confidence factors. I'll probably (0.5) be having cocoa
> shortly. Or even, isEquivalentToMaybe[-.1].  Any neat approaches?

Danny [subProperty drinks; probability 0.5] cocoa.

Seth Russell
http://robustai.net/sailor/
Soon you'll be surfing the semantic web .. but wait for version 0.92.