Re: Survey on Query Languages/Tools for RDF/S, DAML+OIL, TopicMap

From: Uche Ogbuji <uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 18:50:58 -0600
To: Aimilia Maganaraki <aimilia@ics.forth.gr>
cc: www-rdf-interest@w3.org
> Dear All
>
> Given the increasing interest in Semantic Web query languages and
> storage/querying tools, we have prepared a survey of related
> technologies for the standards RDF/S, DAML+OIL and Topic Map.
>
> Our survey is under public review and can be downloaded from the
> RDFSuite Web site: http://139.91.183.30:9090/RDF/publications/tr308.pdf
>
> Apart from a general description of each language/tool, we provide
> preliminary criteria for comparing the expressiveness of the existing
> query languages as well as the technical characteristics of the
> supporting tools.
>
> Comments, Suggestion etc. are more than welcome.

It is a fascinating read (though I fear too dry for anyone but an RDF
implementor :-) ).  Thanks for this effort.

It was nice to see you covered Versa as an RDF query language, but you didn't
cover 4Suite/4RDF as an RDF storage system.

--
Uche Ogbuji                           Fourthought, Inc.
uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com           http://fourthought.com