RE: Explicit Disambiguation Via RDF bNodes, more Process

From: Joshua Allen <joshuaa@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 15:24:03 -0700
To: "Murray Spork" <m.spork@qut.edu.au>, <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
> As to your point 5 - doesn't this approach also allow for the
> possibility that some subset of the SW community may indeed decide to
> use http: URIs to identify cars? Should this really concern us? Or do
we

I think it would be important for "some subset of the SW community" to
have a darned good excuse before they started using "harry" in place of
"automobile".

So far I haven't seen any good reason to poison the wells like this.

Allow me to quote Dag Hammarskjold:

"Respect for the word is the first commandment in the discipline by
which a man can be educated to maturity - intellectual, emotional, and
moral.

Respect for the word - to employ it with scrupulous care and an
incorruptible heartfelt love of truth - is essential if there is to be
any growth in a society or in the human race.

To misuse the word is to show contempt for man.  It undermines the
bridges and poisons the wells.  It causes man to regress down the long
path of his evolution."