Re: Disambiguation; keeping the "U" in "URI"

On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 at 10:22:09PM -0600, Uche Ogbuji wrote:
> Mark, can you provide some pointers that clarify the IMHO different use you
> are discussing in your examples?  i.e. doing the job that I would normally
> assign to temporary redirects.

The first sentence of its definition says;

"The Content-Location entity-header field MAY be used to supply the
   resource location for the entity enclosed in the message when that
   entity is accessible from a location separate from the requested
   resource's URI."

which isn't specific to content negotiation.  I recall seeing a
comment someplace that it's presence doesn't indicate content
negotiation has taken place, but I can't find that now.

MB