RE: Disambiguation; keeping the "U" in "URI" (& Documents, Cars, Hills, and Valleys)

From: Larry Masinter <LMM@acm.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 11:53:49 -0700
To: <msabin@interx.com>, <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
Although it seems attractive to disambiguate between
use and mention based on type ("are we talking about
people or are we talking about web pages?") this
breaks down when you have web pages that talk about
web pages, e.g., web page reviews.

  A http://webreviews.example.org/best-of-web/example-1.html is a great
web page

you need to be clear about whether you think the review
or the reviewed is a "great web page". "qua" by itself
doesn't help.

I think that the predicate itself needs to determine
its level of indirection.