RE: Disambiguation; keeping the "U" in "URI"

From: Miles Sabin <msabin@interx.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 07:30:08 +0100
To: <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
Thomas B. Passin wrote,
> I guess we could get really radical here and say that that we alway
> have to use templates for the predicate to provide a context for
> understanding the nature of a resource in a statement.  That doesn't
> appeal to me so I hope we don't have to end up there.

Could you elaborate on _why_ you don't like that as a (partial)
solution to the problem?

FWIW, I'm not claiming that it's always necessary, nor that it's
always sufficient. It's not always necessary, because URIs need not
always be ambiguous. And it's not always sufficient because ...

> Probably it only pushes the issue up a level anyway.

... tho' in many cases that's all that's needed.

Cheers,

Miles