RE: Disambiguation; keeping the "U" in "URI"

From: Bill de hÓra <dehora@eircom.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 01:06:39 +0100
To: "'Danny Ayers'" <danny666@virgilio.it>, <msabin@interx.com>, <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>

Think of it another way. By Danny's reasoning, disambiguation is
property centric. We're doing disambugation because we can't be
sure URIs are used consistently. So we might as well have said:

http://www.markbaker.ca/index.html dc:Creator "Mark Baker"

ie, URIs don't get you very much as object values. Btw, this has
come up in the past, wrt to dc:creator referring to strings or
people as creators. I think some people still insist that
dc:creator says a string created the page in the example above.

Bill de hÓra

Version: PGP 7.0.4