RE: Documents, Cars, Hills, and Valleys

From: Miles Sabin <msabin@interx.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 13:02:07 +0100
To: <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
Bill de hÓra wrote,
> Assuming a URI identifies one resource is not a weak assumption;
> assuming we'll all agree which resource is very weak.

I'm not sure I understand the _practical_ significance of that
distinction.

And tho' I'd agree that it's reasonable to assume that any use of a
URI is _intended_ to identify a unique resource, in the presence of
multiple uses and multiple intentions the net result is that there is
no one resource which can be taken as the referent ... IOW, the bare
URI is ambiguous.

Cheers,

Miles