Re: silly question about rdf:about

From: Uche Ogbuji <uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2002 22:00:28 -0600
To: "R.V.Guha" <guha@guha.com>
cc: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>, www-rdf-interest@w3.org
> Right now, rdf:about and rdf:id have special status when interpreting
> a piece of RDF in XML. If they are to lose that special status and
> be treated as any other arc label, then we would need some mechanism
> for associating uris with nodes. Otherwise, everything becomes a blank
> node.

Of course.  You are echoing *exactly* what I've been saying to Sandro and
Seth, and what I just said in my last message to you, which you quoted.

uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com               +1 720 320 2046
4735 East Walnut St, Boulder, CO 80301-2537, USA
XML strategy, XML tools (http://4Suite.org), knowledge management
Track chair, XML/Web Services One (San Jose, Boston):
http://www.xmlconference.com/
Latest article: Managing structured Web service metadata -
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-wsdlrdf/
Latest article: WSDL and the Wild, Wild West - http://adtmag.com/article.asp?id
=6004
Next presentation: XML, The Model Driven Architecture, and RDF @ XML Europe -